The Nashville Hornets will open up the first round of the IHSA Class 2A playoffs at home against the Unity-Seymour Co-op Mustangs on Saturday, Oct. 30, beginning at 2 p.m.
Nashville is coming off a six game winning streak. They were also undefeated at home and in the conference, and the Hornets averaged 45.1 points per game this season.
The Mustangs went 6-3 this fall and placed second in the Western Illinois Valley North with a 3-2 record, according to MaxPreps. They averaged 29.9 points per game.
The winner of the game moves on to face the winner of the Bismarck-Henning/North Mac. Other teams in the same 2A bracket include:
- St. Teresa (1, 9-0) vs. Flora (16, 5-4)
- Vandalia (8, 7-2) vs. Chester (9, 7-2)
- Breese Mater Dei (4, 9-0) vs. Carmi-White Co. (13, 6-3)
- Johnston City (5, 8-1) vs. Lawrenceville (12, 6-3)
- Pana (2, 9-0) vs. Arthur-Lovington (15, 5-4)
- Maroa-Forsyth (7, 7-2) vs. Westville (10, 7-2)