Heat detector alerts alarms at NCHS, no fire reported

Emergency personnel were called to Nashville Community High School on Tuesday morning after the fire alarms at the school sounded unexpectedly.

Superintendent Brad Turner said in a post on Facebook that after the alarm at 11:22 a.m., students and staff evacuated the building. It was determined that the cause of the alarm was a heat detector in the kitchen.

Once it was determined that there was no fire and no further risk existed, students and staff were signaled to return to the building at 11:38 a.m.

“We are grateful to Nashville PD, Washington County EMS and other first responders who were on scene, or en route, to aid NCHS,” Turner said.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: